Wednesday 25 September 2013

Introducing our new team members - Danielle Kent

My ideal day is...
A day which involves plenty of pizza, chocolate, friends, family and reality TV!


Five words that describe me...
Confusing, loyal, generous, ambitious, positive.


My friends would say I'm...
I think they would say I’m funny! I make people laugh a lot, although it is usually only semi-intentional. They would probably also say I am incredibly hard to get hold of because I am always in different places and always losing my phone! I am extremely committed to my friends so I hope they would also agree that I am caring, trust-worthy and protective.


I always thought I'd be...
Either a pilot or an author, but by the time I got to sixth-form I didn’t have the right qualifications to become a pilot so now I’m still hoping to write my own books! I also want to work in television, publishing and PR.

I'm at my best when I'm...
Busy. Once I get started on something I get really engaged and involved with the task and that allows me to get into a space where I can be more creative.


My guilty pleasure is …
The Monopoly app for iPad! I am so good at it now, I genuinely don’t believe that there is anyone that could beat me – practice makes perfect!

You don't want to be around me when...
Something is broken! It really stresses me out when something isn’t working for no apparent reason and I don’t know how to fix it.


My most prized possession is...
The rabbit that my mum bought for me when I was born. He is called Ging-Ging and he comes everywhere with me.

The most embarrassing moment of my life was when …
I have many but I don’t really get embarrassed so I wouldn’t know which to choose! I learnt a long time ago that you have to embrace embarrassing moments and it takes the embarrassment away.

My most memorable moment was when …
I went to work in Ghana earlier this year, and we visited a waterfall in Kintampo. We spent ages swimming under this enormous waterfall and I felt so lucky to have been welcomed into this new culture and to have been put in a position where I could potentially help so many less-privileged people. It was a really life-changing moment.

If it wasn't for...
I know it is obvious, but if it wasn’t for my mum and dad I would be a completely different person. If I have children of my own, I would want to bring them up exactly the same as how my parents brought me up – they have never stopped me from doing anything and by giving me the freedom to make my own decisions, and often my own mistakes, I have become a much more confident and well-rounded person. I have never lied to my mum or dad because they have never given me reason to.

If I could work with anyone it would be...
Shakira! I am completely obsessed with her. Second to her, it would be Gerard Pique.


The thing I would like to change the most in the world is …
There are so many things wrong with the world. I would love to be able to eliminate any kind of stereotypes or hatred towards specific races, religions, genders or sexualities.


If I could have a secret power it would be …
I would love to own a Bernard’s watch-style contraption so that I could stop time! I could say that I would use the power to get more work done in a short amount of time but instead I would probably spy on people, try on expensive clothes in shops … And take a day out just to play Monopoly.



No comments:

Post a Comment